We’re hiring a catering chef! Come work for a great company with great benefits!
The chef supervises the planning, organizing, training, leadership and maintenance of the kitchen. The Chef formulates and achieves kitchen goals in standards of quality, and costs through accepting ownership of the mission statement. He/She advocates sound financial and business decision making. The Chef works directly with the Co-Owners and the General Manager to ensure that the overall dining experience is superlative and is constantly identifying areas of improvement.
Sous chefs/Supervisors, all kitchen employees
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the hiring, training, supervision, and termination of kitchen employees.
- Develop kitchen employees by providing ongoing (at least quarterly) feedback,coaching and training; establish performance expectations and conduct performance reviews so employees clearly understand expectations
- Maintain accurate job descriptions for kitchen employees.
- Coordinate kitchen compensation policy in accordance to expected performance goals and budgets.
- Administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for all kitchen violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Ensure kitchen positions are staffed as needed and labor costs objectives are met. (<20%)
- Fill in where needed to ensure cost effective labor operations are maintained.
- Ensure all kitchen employees have the necessary tools to perform daily duties.
- Oversee weekly kitchen management meetings.
- Ensure that recognition is taking place across areas of responsibility for jobs well done.
- Implement strategies to retain and develop quality kitchen employees for leadership roles.
- Do not undermine the authority of other managers or sister company managers
- Ensure that the restaurant consistently produces exceptional food, profitably. (Food cost < 30%)
- Create and maintain kitchen protocols, policies, operating and ordering systems in accordance to our mission statement.
- Track emerging trends within the restaurant and restaurant industry; dine at other restaurants, review restaurant publications, establish personal networks, and benchmark best practices.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition.
- Ensure that the kitchen is in compliance with operational standards, food handling and sanitation standards, restaurant policies, and training programs
- Ensure a safe and positive working environment.
- Complete kitchen accident reports as necessary.
- Analyze and assist managers and staff during service periods.
- Be aware of all calendar events.
- Meets kitchen financial objectives to maximize constant profitability by creating kitchen labor and food budgets; analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions, establishing and monitoring financial controls.
- Monitors and assumes responsibility for all Kitchen purchases, receipts, inventory, equipment and supplies.
- Negotiating prices and contracts.
- Developing preferred supplier lists.
- Express restaurant needs to Owners
- Respond to any and all corrective action requests pertaining to restaurant practices from GM and Owners in a timely manner.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EXPECTATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, cooperation among team members.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of culinary knowledge and technique.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills to lead, encourage and achieve goals in a way that is efficient and effective
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Maintain favorable, non-partisan working relationships with all company employees.
- Lead by example for work ethic and appropriate behaviors in the workplace.
- Represent yourself and the restaurant well in all professional interactions
- Demonstrate a leadership style that creates a positive working environment.
- Be a positive role model and a teacher
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to solve problems
- Proficient in Excel, and MS Word
- Ability to execute and manage all kitchen positions.
- Proficiency with office equipment
- Developing budgets
- Continuous education and self development.
- Commitment to coaching and developing kitchen staff.
- Provide 30 days notice minimum if leaving company for another position
- Must work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies on slippery surfaces.
- Exposure to cleaning supplies and chemicals